We are looking for an analytical and proactive Vessel Sales and Purchase (S&P) Executive for a global shipping client. The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years of work experience in handling S&P contracts and related documentation, reviewing and negotiating contracts and enjoys analysing market trends to identify investment/ divestment opportunities. He/she would be highly organized, able to work under time pressure and possess good business acumen. In addition, he/she is expected to be able to communicate effectively across all functional levels and is a good team player.
The Vessel S&P team is responsible for company’s vessels management activities such as investment/divestment of vessels, identify business opportunities, generate returns through asset play, long term projects and/or forward paper markets as well as support other business units.
- Monitor and analyse market trends to identify investment / divestment opportunities
- Support the evaluation of investment/divestment decisions through quantitative and qualitative analysis as part of the proposal process
- In collaboration with the other department, support the analysis and identification of new opportunities within the shipping sector
- Support the compilation of proposals for Board recommendations
- Participate in the negotiations for ship Sale & Purchase and Newbuilding contracts
- Liaise, network and build relationships with business counterparties, charterers and shipbrokers to gather relevant market intelligence and generate deal flow
- Administration of existing contracts/agreements as well as review and negotiate contracts/agreements
- Maintain and update databases (S&P and MDM)
- Assist and responsible for sending out routine reports
- Monitor and update FFA positions as and when required.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
- Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the workflow process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
- Process timely and accurate invoices through IMOS
- Bachelor (Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Legal or Shipping/Maritime)
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of maritime experience
- Entry level candidates with relevant internship/training experience may be considered
- Quantitative skills, financial modelling will be an advantage
- Ability to synthesize and present information to support decision making
- Ability to work in a precise and accurate manner while under time pressure
- Good collaboration and team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.