One of our global shipping clients is looking for an experienced and conscientious Vessel Operator to join their Operations team. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of Tanker Vessel Operations experience and possesses excellent working attitude and is a good team player.
|1) Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for daily vessel operations and is required to provide prompt operational support through monitoring the company’s fleet of oil carriers. |
2) You will ensure that their Charter Party (CP) terms and company policies are closely complied and adhered to. Communicate with external parties, including but not limited to Vessel Masters, Shipping Agents, Port Captains, Cargo Charterers, Cargo Brokers, Surveyors, Vessel Technical Managers and any concerned parties in Oil Tanker Operations.
3) Stowage planning to meet safety criteria, international/domestic regulation, Charterer’s requirements and economic efficiency.Voyage planning to meet with safety criteria, international/domestic regulation and economic efficiency.
4) Implement stowage planning and voyage planning; respond to vessel issues, cooperating with concerned parties until resolution.
5) Input vessel movement information / cargo operation into specific operation management software (IMOS).Monitor (voyage P+L) through relevant operation management software.
6) Handle Tanker Bill of Lading, i.e. issuance and collection of B/L, to obtain LOI from charterer/broker through commercial channels and instruct cargo release order for concerned parties in accordance with Charter Party provisions.
7) Manage the filing of the vessel’s documents, i.e. notice of readiness, cargo operation log & time sheet, ullage report, protest letter etc.
8) Update the vessel’s itinerary for charterer/broker in accordance with Charter Party provisions. Send port time with shipping documents to charterer/broker in accordance with Charter Party provisions.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Diploma holder and above
- Good communication skills – spoken and written English
- Experience in handling vessel operations of oil tankers of international trade routes
- Ability to work under pressure and can work independently as well as in a team
- High attention to detail with a focus on producing high-quality results
Type: Permanent position
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.