Our client is a fast-growing commercial ship management company which is part of a ship owning group. They are currently looking for an energetic and proactive Vessel Operator cum Chartering Assistant to join their Dry Bulk chartering and operations team. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of dry vessel operations in pre and post fixture operations of bulk carriers in owners or charterers/ operation desk.
Reporting to the Director of Chartering and Senior Operations Manager, he/she will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Communicating with charterers, brokers, agents and vessels regarding voyage orders, port operations, etc.
- Coordinating agency appointments, reviewing the PDAs and FDAs.
- Supporting chartering team for max cargo uplift, stowage plan, port information inquiries for prospective vessel’s employment.
- Updating various vessel questionnaires and certificates’ databases.
- Monitoring and co-ordinate with master on smooth operation and compliance with CP and owner’s policies.
- To guide and monitor vessels to prevent any possibility of claim against owners.
- To provide guidance and support to vessel for preparing vessel for loading / unloading of cargo and care of cargo during transit.
- Reviewing / preparing cargo stowage plans to optimize cargo liftings for bulk/breakbulk or project cargo.
- To monitor day to day performance of the vessel in compliance with CP, including Speed performance and bunker consumption.
- Monitor bunker requirements and planning bunker supplies and co-ordination with bunker suppliers.
- Monitor and guide vessel’s master to execute voyage efficiently and ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
- Monitoring hold cleaning plans; including timely supply of chemicals and equipment. Coordinating with vessels to ensure timely and proper hold preparation.
- To co-ordinate and communicate with charterers on the shipboard operations, charterer’s and port requirement, stevedores and discharging arrangement
- Have knowledge of Laytime Calculations and dispute resolution.
- Raise Hire & Freight invoices and follow up.
- Ensuring that all cost data is logged and maintained; P&Ls for the voyages are kept updated in IMOS.
- Liaising with the P&I clubs, legal teams to resolve disputes.
- Coordinating for extra insurance covers (i.e.: war risk, LoH, K&R etc) when necessary.
- To follow up on the charter hire payment and arrangements.
- Planning and coordinating the embarkation/disembarkation of armed guards on voyages through currently designated high-risk areas.
- Operational and legal knowledge about cargo documents such as M/R, B/Ls and various Letters of Indemnities. Have knowledge of Switching B/Ls and procedures for same.
- Market research: understand dry bulk dynamism, help Chartering team to make right decision to deploy their gameplan in the market by providing market information such as the change, trend, direction of the market with suggestions to do.
- Minimum Diploma in a related discipline from a reputed school/university.
- Must be proficient with good experience, minimum 2-3 years in pre and post fixture operations of Bulk Carriers in Owners or Charterers/or operation desk.
- Results oriented with proactive approach and takes initiative.
- Experienced and well versed in IMOS.
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel, Word, preferably AXS Marine, Oceanbolt or similar products.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.