We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Vessel Operator, Breakbulk for one of our global shipowner’s clients. Reporting to the Operations Manager, he/she will be responsible for managing all aspects of vessel operations within a specific trade group. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of relevant experience within the dry bulk or breakbulk segment.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of vessel operations within the relevant trade group.
- Ensure that communication with all parties including vessels, offices, procurement department, ship managers, agents, stevedores, other associated companies and sub-contractors is done correctly and in accordance with existing work instructions and valid charter-party and contract conditions.
- Plan the entire voyage from start to finish as well as anticipate possible problems in advance and adjust plans as needed to achieve the most cost-effective solutions.
- Respond to any problems that arise during the voyage and put in hand whatever corrective measures may be required.
- Responsible for optimizing the efficiency of the voyage – which includes minimizing all voyage related costs and time.
- Calculate cargo intake as may be required and co-ordinate the preparation of pre-stow plans in accordance with the Voyage Planning and Execution Procedure.
- Manage, prepare and distribute the final stow-plans, including detailed tier plans and load/discharge reports as required.
- Bachelor in Maritime Studies or related qualification
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within the dry bulk or breakbulk segment
- Self-driven with strong interpersonal skills
- A team player that can collaborate across all corporate levels.
- Process driven and strong analytical acumen.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.