We are looking for an energetic and experienced Vessel Operator for one of our global shipping clients. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of vessel operations experiences in handling break bulk and heavy lift projects.
Execute the voyages, including:
- Liaise and partner with Chartering, ship management, shipboard staff, customers and outside vendors including port agents, terminals and other related authorities to ensure the safe voyage and the most cost and time efficient vessel operation
- Understand and administer the terms of charter parties in order to optimize financial returns within its parameters
- Nominate port agents upon evaluation of PDA & provide and convey timely voyage instructions to the vessels
- Communicate regularly to clients, agents, stevedores & manage the preparation of cargo documents
- Provide regular update on voyage operations to charterers
- Request and manage proforma / final / supplementary disbursement accounts through Disbursement Desk.
- Procure bunker fuel through official channels & arrange time charterer’s liability insurance through working with Insurance and Claims Department
- Maintain vessel status updated at all times within IMOS, including issuing invoices, preparing laytime, detention calculations, re-billing of owners’ expenses, updating voyage costs, on a timely basis
- Assist with claims as required by Legal team
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor degree in Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experiences as vessel operator
- Good time management and ability to work under tight deadlines