Our client is looking for an experienced and proactive Vessel Manager to join the current team in managing the technical requirements of their fleet of offshore vessels. The ideal candidate would have at least one year of Chief Engineer experience on PSV/AHTS/Subsea, DSV and offshore barges etc and two years of shore-based Technical Superintendent working experience. He/she is technically inclined and hands on and has a good working attitude and eye for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe, cost efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with the Company’s Quality Management System as well as the International Marine regulations and the vessels’ classification
- Manage daily operation of the assigned vessels and advise Masters/ Chief Engineers and Ship staff on all technical matters such as but not limited to all technical/engine room operations, anchoring and mooring operations, cargo & tank cleaning operations etc.
- Conduct internal audit and shipboard inspections & complete relevant reports
- Conduct investigation and root cause analysis of incidents, accidents and near miss
- Review corrective actions, preventive actions and recommendations from investigation and analysis of accidents and near misses
- Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Flag State Inspection, external & internal ISM and ISPS audits as required
- Assist in timely follow up of port state inspections.
- Maintain strict cost control of the annual operating budget for each of the assigned vessels.
- Review monthly cost control for management’s approval
- Plan, manage, monitor and execute vessels repairs, dry dockings and conversions within agreed budgets.
- Arrange and follow up repairs and services.
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency will be an advantage
- Minimum one year of 2nd engineer on PSV/AHTS/Subsea, DSV and offshore barges (Preferred)
- Proven track record as Technical Superintendent for 2-year in a shore-based Shipping company will be an advantage
- Responsible, resourceful and a good team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills