We are now looking for an experienced and proactive Senior IT Specialist, Vessels for one of our global shipowner clients. Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, he/she will be responsible for designing, migrating, upgrading, configuring, and maintaining Vessel IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. The role will be responsible for the escalation of Level 2 support, managing and upgrading the onboard IT infrastructure of the vessels.
The ideal candidate would have at least five years of relevant experience, be physically fit to attend vessels, and be ready to provide out-of-office hours support as part of an on-call team.
- Create and maintain documentation for vessel installation, changes, upgrades and operational
- Work with the IT support team, applications, and team lead in developing system configurations based on requirements, ensuring end-to-end technical consistency of the IT solutions.
- Lead and manage migration or upgrades of existing applications/systems and effectively provide implementation and operational support to projects to meet or exceed SLA.
- Evaluate system architecture, test, root cause, solution analysis and make recommendations as required.
- Troubleshoot, implement corrective/preventive actions and train the IT support team on multi-tiered application architectures with various technologies on the vessel.
- Engage in maintenance and support activities, such as troubleshooting, incident response and
- In-depth experience with middleware standards and best practices to build a hardened and
- Maintain, monitor and provide support for the IT support team in cybersecurity, security best
practices and backup solutions.
- Manage and control the IT hardware purchase request, responsible for vessel takeover and
- Provides out-of-office hours and weekend support as part of the on-call support team.
- Provides and meets the Monthly KPIs on vessel ticketing, communication activities and ongoing projects.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, IT or equivalent.
- Minimum five years deployment of IT system experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications (Office 365, MS Windows server,
Windows 10, Active Directory), Antivirus, network switches, UPS, firewalls, storage/backup and replication systems (Certifications is a plus)
- Expert in Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Environments with thin clients.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, cloud and communication systems, data cabling, communication, and Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Pro-active, dynamic, and responsible self-starter with strong customer orientation and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Adaptive to all kinds of working environments.
- Effective communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written; ability to communicate with team members at all levels of the organizations.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.