Our client is an established and leading ship owner MNC based in Singapore. We are now looking for an experienced and proactive Vessel IT Engineer to be part of their IT department. Reporting to the Vessel IT Manager, he/she will be responsible for managing, supporting, maintaining and upgrading the on-board IT infrastructure of the company vessels. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of relevant experience and is physically fit to attend vessels when required and be ready to provide out-of-office hours support as part of an on-call rota.
- Provide remote support to vessels, crew and on-board support (when needed);
- Install, configure and troubleshooting physical/virtual machines, laptops, printers, mobiles, tablets, storage systems and network devices (hardware, operating systems and software applications);
- Participate in the design, implementation of our vessels’ IT infrastructure;
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability;
- Perform system and network updates/upgrades;
- Maintain IT security and backup solutions;
- Liaise with vendors, email providers and other IT personnel for problem resolution or when new tasks are needed;
- Provide out-of-office hours/weekend support as part of an on-call rota.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent; 2 -5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications (Office 365, MS Windows Server, Windows 10, Hyper-V, Active Directory), Antivirus, Network Switches, UPS firewalls, Storage/backup and replication systems
- Experience of implementing and support cyber security solutions is preferred;
- Knowledge of hardware troubleshooting, data cabling and WiFi infrastructure;
- Knowledge of ships automation systems will be a plus.
- UK MNC and good corporate culture
- 5-day work week (Centralised location) & WFH arrangements
- Budget: Basic salary with AWS and attractive performance Bonus
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!