One of our global shipping clients is looking for an energetic and proactive Trainee Bunker Trader to join their fast paced and dynamic workplace. Candidates joining in this role are expected to gain first-hand knowledge in the bunker industry with the aim to become successful bunker traders once the training process is completed. Throughout training, they will learn the operational aspects of bunker deliveries, work closely with Senior Bunker Traders and with the development and sales team of Engine (digital bunker supply platform).
· Understand the information sharing between Agent, Supplier, Customer and Surveyors.
· Assist in managing BOS and the Customer Portal, to keep surveyor information and the status of live operations up to date.
· Monitoring fixtures.
· Assisting the Claims department in gathering relevant information.
· Escalating incidents to Account Managers and Customer Traders.
Engine Marine Fuel Benchmarking Platform:
· Conduct market research to identify and contact prospective new users for Engine.
· Market Engine to third party customers to increase the user engagement and build your own customer portfolio.
· Provide the confidence to new Engine users that will encourage new customers for company.
· Develop a healthy sales pipeline
· Develop an approach to sales that suits his/her personality in order to maximise his/her effectiveness
Qualification and Experience Required
- An excellent communicator and negotiator, independent but also be a good team player.
- Having Maritime/ shipping experience will be an advantage
- Proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and highly organised
- Candidates with 1-2 years business development experience and fresh graduates with a can-do working attitude and strong interpersonal skills are welcome to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.