One of our shipping clients is looking for a Trade Analyst to join their organization. Reporting to the Trade Manager, you will be tasked to support the growth and profitability maximization of the container shipping business. We are looking for an individual with good analytical skills and is comfortable working with large sets of data.
50% – Internal booking management / release system
- Running monthly allocation process and executing
- Ensure allocations are adjusted to vessels’ profiles
- Coordinate across different departments (both in Head office and Singapore Regional Office) to ensure data are updated accurately
- Be the liaison for IT Support on technical issues
50% – Management reporting
- Analyze Transpacific Eastbound vessel performance, loading factors, daily positions, NOR performance, customer profile (including FOB/CIF; Fixed/Floating ratios) and allocation prepared by the Head Office, and take necessary actions to achieve maximum yield.
- Monitor and analyze weekly vessel profile and actual performance, as well as top accounts’ weekly loadings across different gateways. Work with respective accounts’ Trade PIC to identify shortfall reasons for management reporting.
- Research economic and shipping outlook, keep track of market demand and supply dynamics, and prepare presentation files for management upon request.
- Degree Holder, preferably in data analytics, shipping or business administration and/or with 2 years of relevant reporting / data analytics experience in the maritime / logistics and freight forwarding industry
- Proficient in MS Excel (formulas, Vlookup & Pivot table) is mandatory
- IT savvy and having experience with Data presentation & visualisation is an added value
- Having good market knowledge will be advantageous;
- Strong communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!