We are looking for a proactive and experienced Technical Superintendent for one of our global shipping clients. The Technical Superintendent will be responsible for all shipboard performance issues which include but not limited to technical repairs and maintenance and operations of their assigned fleet.
The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of relevant experience in managing vessels independently with established ship owners/ ship managers, a great communicator and demonstrated good decision making and stakeholder management skills. Their ideal candidate would have a Class 1 Chief Engineer COC and at least 3 years of shore-base experience as Technical Superintendent managing LNG-fuelled vessels and has good experience in MEGI engines.
- Lead and ensure safety matter onboard and ensure vessels are operating in compliance with all Maritime and company’s safety rules and regulations
- Manages vetting, PSC and Class performance and ensure compliance with all relevant international and local regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are compiled and maintained. Ensure to implement and follow up and follow through on all corrective/preventive actions.
- Manage daily operation of the assigned vessels and advise Masters/ Chief Engineers and Ship staff on all technical matters such as but not limited to all technical/engine room operations, anchoring and mooring operations, cargo & related operations etc.
- Manage the dry docking and maintenance of the vessels to ensure seaworthiness and conduct risk analysis and monitor ship defects to ensure proper rectification of all defects.
- Oversee and manage crewing matters of the assigned fleet in cooperation with the marine HR team.
- Review corrective actions, preventive actions and recommendations from investigation and analysis of accidents and near misses
- Maintain strict cost control of the annual operating budget for each of the assigned vessels.
- Provide technical expertise such as sale and purchase inspection and other projects when assigned.
Qualifications / Experiences
- At least 3 years of shore-based experience as Superintendent/ Vessel manager in ship owners/ ship managers managing tankers fleet.
- Good people management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Resourceful and good in troubleshooting, dry docking and vessel repairs.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Excellent resource planning and execution and good stakeholders’ management skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.