We are looking for an experienced and proactive Technical Superintendent for an established shipowner company that is based in Singapore. The Technical Superintendent will be responsible to oversee the maintenance, operation, and technical aspects of his assigned fleet of tanker vessels. The ideal candidate would have at least 2-3 years of managing tanker vessels and has excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Monitor and supervise the technical operation of assigned tanker vessels, ensuring compliance with industry standards, class requirements, and statutory regulations.
- Coordinate and oversee vessel maintenance and repair activities, including dry-docking, scheduled maintenance, and repairs during voyages.
- Conduct regular inspections of vessels to identify any technical issues or deficiencies and ensure timely and effective resolution.
- Collaborate with shipboard personnel, including Chief Engineers and other technical staff, to ensure adherence to maintenance schedules and implementation of planned maintenance systems.
- Review and approve vessel repair specifications, quotations, and purchase orders for spare parts and equipment, ensuring cost-effectiveness and compliance with quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of the vessels, including fuel consumption, machinery efficiency, and equipment functionality, and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
- Ensure compliance with international regulations, industry guidelines, and company policies related to safety, environmental protection, and quality management.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders, such as classification societies, flag state authorities, and vendors, for inspections, surveys, certifications, and technical support as required.
- Manage and maintain technical documentation, records, and reports related to vessel maintenance, inspections, and repairs.
- Provide technical guidance and support to shipboard personnel, assisting in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and emergencies.
- Participate in incident investigations, root cause analyses, and implement corrective and preventive actions to minimize the risk of recurrence.
- Monitor and manage the budget for vessel maintenance, repairs, and technical operations, ensuring cost control and adherence to financial targets.
- Stay abreast of industry developments, technological advancements, and regulatory changes relevant to tanker vessels, and propose appropriate measures to enhance operational efficiency and compliance.
- At least 2-3 years of shore-based experience as Superintendent/ Vessel manager in ship owners/ ship managers managing tankers fleet. Having COC 1 or 2 certification will be an advantage.
- Good people management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Resourceful and good in troubleshooting, dry docking and vessel repairs.
- Excellent resource planning and execution and good stakeholders’ management skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.