Our client is an established and leading Global Shipowner in the Shipping Industry. They are looking for an experienced Technical Superintendent (New Buildings) to join their technical team. He/she will be responsible to oversee and manage the new building projects of the company which include but not limited to attending yard tests of main installations, construction, to sea trials and delivery.
The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience as a Technical Superintendent with new building experiences in the shipping industry and prior experience as Chief or Second Engineer with sailing experience preferably on container vessels.
- Manage regular reports from vessels assigned to him/her and file them in structured approach
- Review and follow up on routine reports from the vessel
- Carry out regular data analysis of costs, PMS and other KPI factors in order to ascertain health of the ship as far ship management is concerned
- Maintain structure and quality of data fed into Ship manager system by crew onboard the vessels (GL system)
- Formulate a dynamic work plan and action list with the vessel’s command, to ensure that the vessel is maintained in accordance with the Owner’s policy and to receive regular reports as to its progress
- Visit the vessels as and when required and reporting on general condition, repairs and maintenance, crew performance, safety, environmental protection, and any actions required.
- Discuss with Ship’s Command the work plan, running costs, spares and stores and other issues of concern and reporting on same.
- Prepare technical specs for dockings etc.
- Pre-purchase inspections in Asia region
- Assist in carrying out technical analysis for new purchases and undertake other technical related assignments when required.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Min 3 years of experience as a Technical Superintendent with new building experience in shipping industry
- Prior experience as chief or second engineer with minimum sailing experience preferably on container vessels.
- Prior experience in technical management will be an advantage
- Candidate should have good knowledge of PMS and SMS system
- Willingness to travel and be based in China until Q1,2024
- Ability to administer technical and budgetary requirements
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.