Our client is an established and leading Global Shipowner in the Shipping Industry. They are looking for an experienced Technical Superintendent for the efficient operations of the assigned vessels.
The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years of experience as an Assistant/ Technical Superintendent preferably on container vessels. He/she would possess good working attitude and has the ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Managing regular reports from vessels assigned to him/her and file them in structured approach
- Review and follow up on routine reports from the vessel
- Carry out regular data analysis of costs, PMS and other KPI factors in order to ascertain health of the ship as far ship management is concerned
- Maintain structure and quality of data fed into Ship manager system by crew onboard the vessels (GL system)
- Formulating a dynamic work plan and action list with the vessel’s command, to ensure that the vessel is maintained in accordance with the Owner’s policy and to receive regular reports as to its progress
- Visiting the vessels as and when required and reporting on general condition, repairs and maintenance, crew performance, safety, environmental protection, and any actions required. Discussing with Ship’s Command the work plan, running costs, spares and stores and other issues of concern and reporting on same.
- Prepare technical specs for dockings & pre-purchase inspections in Asia region
- Assist in carrying out technical analysis for new purchases
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- A Degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Prior experience as Chief or Second Engineer with minimum sailing experience preferably on container vessels. Otherwise, sailing experience on cargo ships (container/ bulk carrier / tanker) is required.
- Prior experience in technical management will be an advantage
- Candidate should have good knowledge of PMS and SMS system
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.