We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager for one of our global shipping service providers. This role collaborates closely with the commercial and technical teams to drive product strategy. He/she is required to perform market research and suggest new product development and refinements for existing products.
The ideal candidate would be both technically and commercially inclined, possess a marine/ electrical/ mechanical engineering background and have good knowledge of energy/ fuel efficiency/ optimization technologies.
- Understand customer needs and translate them into requirements and propose marketing strategies of the product to the marketing and sales team and work together to achieve company’s target.
- Research and follow technical trends in the industry in areas of fuel and decarbonization so as to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the team and in charge of all warranty issues.
- Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Marine Engineering or a related field.
- At least 5 years of technical sales support experience in maritime industry with background relating to machinery and automation systems.
- Good understanding in electrical products such as drives/ motors/ PLC and knowledge of VFDs is a must have.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, time management, and communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.