We are looking for an experienced Technical Executive with engineering background for one of our global shipowner clients. The Technical Executive will be responsible to support the Technical Superintendents in following up with competitive quotes, effect purchase, secure delivery for marine products/ services and ensure that they are received in good condition and as per the procurement specifications.
The ideal candidate would have a Diploma in Marine Engineering and have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in similar job scope in a shipowner or ship management companies.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes for marine services on e-commerce platform;
- Coordinate between client and service provider and arranging service engineers to attend to vessel for servicing;
- Technical assistance providing between vessel and vendor to order correct spares;
- Monitor service progress are on schedule with minimal disruption and demurrage. Ensure that Service provider maintain operations schedule with a high service quality;
- Ensure all activities are carried out and comply according to company’s regulations;
- Sourcing & identify Vendors (Marine Services providers); negotiating with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms for Marine Services products to onboard our e-commerce platform;
- Identify, arrange and follow up on off land items from vessel for repair / service;
- Support Superintendents in dry docking and related activities;
- Update, maintain accuracy and practice good housekeeping of vessel forms, plans and drawings;
- Upkeep of the DNV ship manager for PMS jobs/spares and inventories. New jobs to be added and spare utilisation by vessels to be tracked;
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Marine Engineering or other relevant discipline will be considered;
- Certificate of Competency CoC Class 5/4/3 will be advantageous.
- Experience of one of the ship manager software system is preferred, i.e. DNV, Amos, PAL , Bassnet etc;
- 1-2 years of experience required in a Marine Shipmanagement or owners’ companies
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.