We are looking for an experienced Technical Executive for an established and leading Global Shipowner. He/she will be responsible to obtain competitive quotes, effect purchase, secure delivery for marine products/ services and ensure that they are received in good condition and as per the procurement specifications.
The ideal candidate would have a Diploma in Marine Engineering and have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in similar job scope in a shipowner or ship management companies.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes for marine services on e-commerce platform.
- Coordinate between client and service provider and arranging service engineers to attend to vessel for servicing.
- Technical assistance providing between vessel and vendor to order correct spares.
- Monitor service progress is on schedule with minimal disruption and demurrage.
- Ensure that Service provider maintain operations schedule with a high service quality.
- Ensure all activities are carried out and comply according to company’s regulations.
- Sourcing & identify Vendors (Marine Services providers); negotiating with suppliers on pricing and contractual terms for Marine Services products to onboard our e-commerce platform.
- Identify, arrange, and follow up on off land items from vessel for repair / service.
- Support Superintendents in dry docking and related activities.
- Update, maintain accuracy and practice good housekeeping of vessel forms, plans and drawings.
- Upkeep of the DNV ship manager for PMS jobs/spares and inventories. New jobs to be added and spare utilisation by vessels to be tracked.
- Any other duty assigned.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Marine Engineering or other relevant discipline will be considered.
- Certificate of Competency CoC Class 4 or 3 will be advantageous.
- Experience with ship manager software systems is preferred, i.e. DNV, Amos, PAL, Bassnet etc.
- 1-2 years of experience required in a Marine Shipmanagement or owners’ companies.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others in a fast-paced working environment.
- Meticulous, pro-active with a positive attitude and willing to learn.
- Able to multi-task, willing to work flexible hours when required.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.