We are currently looking for an experienced Tanker Vessel Operator for one of our international clients. The Vessel Operator will be responsible for the end-to-end management of all vessels’ shipping operations matter for palm oil tankers including vessel’s agent appointment. The ideal candidate would have 3 years of experience in tanker freight with direct involvement in laytime calculation and freight and trade operations.
• Operate and be responsible for the end-to-end management of all vessels’ shipping operations matter, for palm oil tankers, including vessel’s agent appointment.
• Communicate and liaise with agents/vessel owner’s/ship masters/charterers, trading team and other relevant stakeholders on voyage instructions and to follow up on daily vessel performance. optimize stowage plans.
• Assemble and validate appropriate documentation from agents, vessel owners, suppliers, receivers, and other sources and use this information to prepare laytime calculations.
• Responsible for following up on post fixture activities such as freight payment, vessel laytime calculation, as well as claims & disputes, insurance settlements for the shipments handled.
• Negotiate demurrage by following the policies and guidelines set forth by the Group to minimize demurrage costs.
• Ensure proper and timely invoicing and settlement for all agreed laytime negotiations with external and internal counterparts.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in tanker freight with direct involvement in laytime calculation and freight & trade operations.
• Possess knowledge of tanker freight operations and the principles of laytime.
• Able to work in a multicultural and fast pacing international environment.
• Proactive, team player, good communication skills & well organized.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank for your understanding.