One of our global shipping clients is looking for a proactive and highly analytical Sourcing Manager to join their Procurement department. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible to develop and implement procurement strategies and policies and work closely with Category Managers in the department. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of contract negotiation experience in the maritime industry and has proven track record in securing strategic sourcing projects and process optimisations.
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement, assist with the overall development and implementation of procurement strategy
- Assist to drive, develop and execute negotiation strategy with suppliers and key stakeholders and to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Work with the business to understand spend, risk profile, requirements and process
- Strengthen the credibility of the procurement team to be able to influence procurement decisions and outcomes
- Perform data analysis, cost analysis, supplier and market analysis so as to provide insight in identifying, analysing, and realising opportunities.
- Define benefit targets and ensure targets and KPIs are achieved on a set portfolio of sourcing projects.
- Provide direction, leadership and insight in identifying, analysing and realising sourcing opportunities
- Support company policy, strategic decisions and process improvement
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain Management/ Business Administration/ Commerce or any relevant discipline in the internationally recognized University.
- CIPS / ISM Certificate Holder is an advantage
- 3-5 years of working experience within procurement
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in SAP Material Management Module
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with strategic sourcing
- Experience in logistics/ transportation/Marine industries would be an advantage but is not essential.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.