We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to be based in our client’s shipyard in Batam. The ideal candidate would have a Naval Architect/ Marine Engineer background and have at least 10 years of ship repair experience and managing a medium size repair yard. Having ship construction endorsement certification and AutoCAD 2006 (Basic) 2D & 3D certification will be an advantage.
- Coordination of ship building projects and manage ship repair activities, day-to-day operations of respective vessels under repair, dock and wharf schedules.
- Leads & motivates team members to achieve set objectives, schedules & datelines within budgets.
- Reading & interpreting engineering design plans, specifications & engineering documents.
- Set up operation procedures, safety measures and maintenance procedures.
- Oversee recruitment of staff and be involved in interviewing and selection of production workers.
- Set out budget on facilities, safety measures and repair facilities.
- Manage workforce, including direct employees and sub-contractors.
- Manage timely ship repair, reports and costings.
- Manage warranty issues.
- Oversee all other shipyard business and operation related matters.
- Past experience in the ship repair industry, especially OSV type of vessel will be an added advantage.
- A Marine Engineer or Naval Architect background
- Min. 10 years of experience in ship repair and related roles
- Must have shipyard experience and willing to be based in Batam.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.