We are looking for an experienced and insightful Shipping Analyst for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, he/she will leverage data to drive business insights, make recommendations and enhance operational efficiency through optimization of vessel deployment to maximize efficiency and profitability across Asia, Europe, and Americas. The ideal candidate preferably should possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in trade/line management, excellent problem-solving skills, and a proactive approach to challenges.
- Vessel deployment optimization and service design/cargo flow optimization across Asia, Europe, and Americas: Gather, organize, and analyze information and data to determine the most efficient and cost-effective deployment of our vessel, considering factors such as cargo demand, route planning, fuel consumption and port selection.
- Recommend cross-continental positioning of vessels for fleet optimization.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret shipping data to identify trends, patterns, and potential areas for improvement. Develop insightful forecasts and provide strategic recommendations to enhance our overall vessel operations.
- Monitor and assess the performance of our vessels, identifying opportunities for streamlining processes and enhancing productivity.
- Proactively identify potential risks and challenges related to vessel deployment. Utilize data analytics to propose effective mitigation strategies to minimize disruptions and ensure timely deliveries.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, global economic conditions, and regulatory developments to make informed decisions that optimize our shipping operations.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to generate insights for decision making on fleet deployment and network optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, or similar subject from a recognized university.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience of relevant working experience, ideally in trade/line management in the maritime industry, but we welcome talent from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in data analysis and experience working with relevant software.
- Able to understand complex business issues, translate them into technical inquiries, draw conclusions that are accessible to non-technical stakeholders, and effectively present them to functional teams while also influencing senior management.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work with complex datasets.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues across departments and various internal and external stakeholders.
- Driven and a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and MS PowerPoint.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.