We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Senior/ Vessel Operator for one of our global shipping clients. The role will support the chartering department in pre-fixture negotiations with guidance of port-specific restrictions or clauses, cargo, stowage, expected expenses, vessel condition, vetting status, relevant international regulations.
The ideal candidate would have good seafaring experience onboard chemical vessels in the capacity of Chief Officer or Captain and has at least 2-3 years of onshore experience in operating vessels that carrying cargos such as Caustic soda, Methanol, Acetone, Styrene, MEG, EDC and Molasses. He/she will also possess excellent working attitude and is a good team player.
- Responsible for pre-fixture negotiations with guidance of port-specific restrictions or clauses, cargo, stowage, expected expenses, vessel condition, vetting status, relevant international regulations,
- Implement and execute voyage fixtures in compliance with agreed terms
- Manage voyage costs and seek out efficiencies to better the original financial estimate
- Support operations of vessels operated from other offices as and when required.
- Manage voyage-related communications with external partners (charterers, brokers, ship’s staff, port agents, 3rd party managers, and vessel owners.
- Liaise with internal team members for voyage-related matters such as invoicing and claims.
- Manage voyage administrative tasks, including updates to internal & external platforms.
- Manage Port Agency nomination and control of port disbursement costs.
- Handle Bill of Lading issuance & Letters of Indemnity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of shore-based chemical tanker operations experience in an ownership setup
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Proactive and strong problem-solving skills – ability to identify potential issues and propose a solution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and voyage management systems (IMOS)
- Sound commercial awareness, and knowledge of different charter parties are preferred
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.