Senior Vessel Operator (Dry Bulk)
Our Client is a major asset owner and a global processor of agricultural goods. They are currently looking for an experienced and energetic Vessel Operator to join their Dry Bulk operations team. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of dry vessel operations experiences and possesses excellent working attitude and has an appetite for continuous learning and development. Having work experiences in operating panamax/handy vessels will be an advantage.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role requires efficient control and close liaison with other counterparties in other parts of the world. He/she will be responsible to:
- Operate and be accountable for end to end management of all allocated vessels’ shipping operations matter for dry cargo vessels
- Communicate and liaise with vessel owner’s/ ship masters/ charterers, and trading team and other relevant stakeholders on voyage instructions
- Follow up on all post fixture activities
- Manage assigned external relations with customers and/or suppliers
- Support and lead process improvement initiatives as required
- Ensure and champion close working relationship with Commercial Team
- Collaborate effectively with other Freight Platform desks
- 5 to 6 years’ experience as Operator of Voyage/ Time Charter dry bulk vessels
- Good communication skills – spoken and written English
- Proficient in use of MS office (Excel & Word) and shipping systems such as IMOS
- Ability to work under pressure and can work independently as well as in a team
Type: Permanent position
Performance Bonus: Yes, subject to company’s performance as well as individual’s performance
Excellent staff benefits.
Interested applicants, please send your CV, the position you are interested in and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.