We are looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Vessel Operations Manager for one of our global shipping clients to join their Dry Bulk operations team. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of dry vessel operations experiences and possesses excellent working attitude. Having work experiences in operating handysize/ Supramax or Ultramax vessels will be an advantage.
|* Plan, implement, execute, monitor and manage vessels operations for allocated voyage or time-chartered vessels. Operate vessels as required in respect to business requirements. Able to operate 8-10 vessels at any given time. |
* Interact with other operations managers and commercial desk heads (and / or other books they work with) to ensure we are sharing information proactively and addressing issues as they arise. Be responsible for optimizing voyage results by working toward improving the bottom line on every voyage and time charter.
* Constantly monitor and emphasize with team members to check through voyage operations software to avoid entry errors and discrepancies that result in artificial PNL swings
* Play an important role in managing customer relationships in coordination with commercial desk heads and the global operations manager through follow-up on assigned customers (customers’ database, active engagement in building customer knowledge and relationship, amongst others)
* Play an important role in managing supplier relationships in coordination with commercial desk heads and the global operations manager.
- Must have at least 5 years of Dry Bulk Vessel Operations experiences
- Good communication skills – spoken and written English
- Good negotiation skills and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and can work independently as well as in a team.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.