We are looking for a Senior Trade Manager to manage the Mediterranean Trade of one of our shipping clients. The Senior Trade Manager will be responsible for the ideation, optimization, pricing, yield and smooth execution of all services under their purview and work closely with all parties across the organization to ensure that the assigned trade achieve their set growth and profit targets. He/she will also work closely with Commercial team to manage its’ customers portfolio and monitor competitor pricing, service and utilization behavior.
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and possess strong communication and presentation skills. He/she would have at least 1-2 years of experience in managing a small team and be a good team player with strong leadership skills.
- Manage pricing strategy and services
- Make strategic recommendations to optimize the trade (revenues/volumes/market shares).
- Monitor, analyze and drive agents’ performances against allocations to ensure optimal loadings
- Monitor the schedules of services to keep them closer to proforma
- Regular communication with Head of Europe/Mediterranean/North Europe and Management to relay the market information and follow up on strategic recommendations
- Drive and grow the commercial relation with strategic Key account, including customer visits, rate negotiation, service promotion, follow up support.
- Prepare reports, market studies, competitor analysis and perform other tasks as required by Management.
- Review financial performance of services under Mediterranean trade for timely actions.
- Manage a team of more than 5 persons
- Any other ad hoc projects as assigned
- Degree or above, preferably in shipping, logistics management or business administration;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in container shipping
- Solid working experience preferably in trade/pricing management or all related activities in regional / principal level in shipping or logistic industry
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel (Vlookup and Pivot Table) and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical, communication and outstanding presentation skills
- Experience in people management for minimum of 2 – 3 years
- Have exceptional leadership skills and be a good team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!