We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Superintendent for an established shipowner company that is based in Singapore. The Senior Technical Superintendent will be responsible to oversee the maintenance, operation, and technical aspects of his assigned fleet of tanker vessels. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience managing tanker vessels and a proven track record of success in people management and good dry-docking experiences.
- Responsible for the overall technical management of the tanker fleet; this includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.
- Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed according to the management agreement requirement.
- Liaise with vendors and operation/marketing teams on technical and operational readiness including vessel performance, etc.
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc.
- Attend vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
- Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey
- Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc.) are properly maintained and documented.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at home port and overseas.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections
- Supervise contractors repair/maintenance of vessels
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance
- Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division.
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards
- Ensure and maintain vessels zero loss time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, Near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer with minimum class 1 certification or equivalent with in experience in oil/ chemical tanker.
- At least 5 years of shore-based experience as Superintendent/ Vessel manager in ship owners/ ship managers managing tankers fleet.
- LPG/ LNG gas carrier experience and /or new build experience would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Experience in leading a technical team
- Possess good organisational and communication skills and hands-on.
- Independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure to meet deadline
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving
- Able to conduct effective stand-up training for vessel crews
- Ability to travel within short notice as required
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.