We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Delivery Manager for our client in the Maritime industry. Our client is embarking on an exciting multi-year program, encompassing the creation of multi cloud-native projects that stand as integral components of their Business & Digital Transformation initiative. This endeavor, facilitated by strategic partnerships with leading software developers, seeks to leverage agile methodologies, microservices architecture, and Azure DevOps to establish our client as a digital front-runner in their industry.
As the Senior Software Delivery Manager, your primary goal is to oversee and enhance the software development function (buy/build). You will ensure the delivery of high-quality software, optimize team performance, and align software projects with the company’s strategic objectives.
Strategic Leadership & Global Operations:
- Develop and execute the strategic plan for the Software Delivery function (Buy, Build, Maintain) in alignment with company objectives.
- Ongoing review of the software delivery resourcing (requirements, development, quality assurance, support & maintenance) strategy to meet evolving software requirements.
- Build a versatile management structure to address software delivery needs within the organization, ensuring smooth integration of global operations and fostering a collaborative work environment across different time zones
Collaboration & Integration:
- Work closely with product owners, architects, and DevOps teams to meet and deliver the needs of the organization.
- Develop partnerships with vendors to flex organizational capability depending on business needs on short notice.
- Be attentive, responsive, and respectful to stakeholder requests.
- Have oversight on end-to-end business operations/processes and area of coverage by respective business systems.
- Report on progress to senior stakeholders regularly (e.g. SteerCo) and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment and satisfaction.
Team and Project Oversight:
- Manage software engineers, ensuring best coding and documentation practices are established and followed.
- A hands-on person, who is familiar with the code, give solutions and hand-hold the Team whenever in need.
- Oversee all development, testing, and implementation of applications.
- Review design approaches with Enterprise Architect to ensure solutions are architecturally sound.
- Support bids, proposals, and marketing activities as required.
- Lead support on technical issues, delivering resolutions in a timely manner.
- Create technical specifications and develop code for complex business features.
Quality Assurance & Frameworks:
- Implement and oversee quality assurance processes and tools that ensure high quality and security compliance on software delivered.
- Institutionalize the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) across multiple software development teams.
Budgeting & Resource Allocation:
- Develop and manage the budget for the software delivery department. KPI & Metrics Management:
- Define, monitor, and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) for the software development department.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Min. 5 years or more in building and leading multiple high-performance software development teams (Developers, Dev Leads, DevOps, QA, etc) and operations especially in Cloud Native software development environment
- Sound working experience and knowledge in Agile/Scrum/SAFE development methodology.
- Experienced in setting up and managing both local and offshore development centres.
- Have hands-on experience as Agile RTE, and/or SRE experience.
- Experience in cloud services (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS), with exposure to infrastructure automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or equivalent as well as software development and application security testing tools (e.g. Jenkins, Sonarcloud, Snyk, CheckMarx, etc).
- Robust background in software architecture & security first design (OWASP).
- Familiar and experienced with latest cloud-based software development and delivery.
- Experienced in dealing with senior business stakeholders.
- Experienced with leading teams and vendors from offices globally.
- This role may involve up to 30% travel.
- This position is for a 2-years term, with the potential for extension or conversion depending on business requirements.
- MNC, good corporate culture and 5-day work week (Town area).
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.