Our client, an industry leader in Application Security Testing, is looking for a self-starter, collaborative and energetic Senior Sales Engineering Manager (Southeast Asia, Taiwan, ANZ) based in Singapore, to lead their sales engineering team and to grow their business with the company’s complete portfolio of security solutions.
The Senior Sales Engineering Manager will lead a team of experienced presales engineers across the region whose goal is to support the sales and channel organizations for all presales engagements. He/she must understand the customers’ and partners’ overall business, and how to clearly position the company’s products, messaging and services. He/she will also be responsible to oversee and ensure that the sales engineering team is effectively supporting the sales revenue opportunities of their assigned sales region. The Senior Sales Engineering Manager is also responsible to drive the professional development of his/her sales engineering team, including mentorship, training, and performance evaluation.
The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of sales/ system engineering or IT consulting management experience and minimally 5 years of people management skills. Having relevant industry certifications such as CSSLP, CEH, CISSP and AWS will be an advantage.
- Lead a team of presales engineers to deliver presales technical support in sales presentations, solution proposals, and product demonstrations of the company’s solutions.
- Provide daily guidance and communicate best practices to SEs in the areas of technical sales presentations, technical discoveries, sales objections, product demonstrations, proof of values, and RFI/RFPs.
- Assess team’s skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet business objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path.
- Collaborate and strategize with regional sales and channel teams to qualify prospective customers/partners so as to meet and over-achieve business targets.
- Execute strategies to motivate the SE team and build a sense of team engagement through incentives, rewards, and team building programs.
- Perform key functions to recruit top-notch SEs including interviewing, hiring, mentoring, employee feedback, counselling and coaching, and performance management.
- Consolidate customers’ feedback, enhancements requests and provide the findings to product management, R&D, and technical support to continuously improve product offerings.
- Support broader SE activities such as training & enablement programs, marketing events, and other related activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimally 10 years of sales/systems engineering or IT consulting management experience.
- Minimally 5 or more years of experience in people management.
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization including C-levels.
- Demonstrates passion, ownership and positive attitude in representing the Company to their customers and partners.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, excellent presentation skills, and possess the ability to lead meetings internally and externally.
- Hands-on experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems with Active Directory/LDAP.
- Competency in working with computer networks, network hardware (e.g. firewalls, proxies), software, network protocols (e.g. DHCP, IP, TCP, UDP) and standards such as ISO/OSI model.
- Understanding of modern data centre and public cloud technology such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc, is preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CSSLP, CEH, CISSP, AWS associate/architect, etc, is preferred.
- Ability to travel within assigned territories when required (while adhering to in countries Covid restrictions).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your understanding.