We are looking for an experienced Senior Marine Superintendent for an established shipowner company that is based in Singapore. The Senior Marine Superintendent will be responsible to oversee the safe, efficient, and cost-effective performance of ships assigned. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience managing MPVs/ Bulk Carriers vessels and a proven track record of success in people management.
- Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure adherence to international regulations and standards, such as ISM Code and IMO rules.
- Mitigate risks and maintain compliance with classification rules.
- Operational Oversight:
- Oversee vessel audits, certifications, and maintenance of required documents.
- Monitor vessel performance and operating costs.
- Crew Management:
- Conduct crew briefings and appraisals.
- Interview and make recommendations for senior officers and engineers.
- Quality Assurance and Efficiency:
- Maintain and update the Safety Management System (ISM).
- Monitor and address Non-Compliance Reports (NCRs).
- Implement workflow improvements and assess their viability.
- Resource Management:
- Efficiently allocate resources to support vessel operations.
- Ensure the availability of critical spare parts.
- Client Relations and Compliance:
- Communicate with clients regarding vessel status and issues.
- Maintain strong client relationships.
- Enforce Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP) and conduct internal audits.
- Holder of Class 1 Master COC
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as certificated Marine Deck Officer for at least 5 years onboard MPVs/ Bulk Carriers.
- At least 5 years of shore-based experience in a similar role or equivalent roles ashore.
- Able to lead and work well as a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess good organisational skills and hands-on.
- Proactive and forward-thinking worker who can plan and manage vessels SMT for safe operations.
- Good computer skills of MS office suite.
- May occasionally be required to sail onboard ships.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.