We are looking for an experienced Senior IT Business Analyst for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate will be responsible for the cross-functional analysis of the business requirements, distinguishing users’ requests from underlying true business needs and execute tasks that comply with IT development standards and methodologies. The ideal candidate would good proficiency in Power BI/ data analytics software and have good knowledge in shipping processes.
Strategic & Planning
- Provide consultancy and expertise advice on matters of Application’s architecture and integration with other systems, including their feasibility.
- Responsible for partnering with business representatives to understand business processes and underlying informational and/or process automation needs, then translating those needs into formal, documented business requirements following methodologies and processes.
- Deliver and advise high quality data analytics projects.
- Perform cross functional analysis of the company’s operations, business, and functional requirements
- and recommend or provide application solutions or ideas to improve the systems or processes.
- Developing project feasibility reports and discussing them with business users with regards to future implementation.
IT Operations Management
- Expert on core business applications and able to provide operational support including issues analysis and resolution relating to supported applications and interfaces.
- Extracting and transforming raw data into analytics-ready data.
- Develop and support the implementation of Data Analytics.
- Documenting the specifications, design, features, and operation of applications to a Functional
- /Technical specification which is used by the applications development team for translation into actual program code.
- Testing and debugging application systems and perform quality control checks before releasing the system for UAT.
- Data migration analysis to new applications as needed.
- Support innovation projects and perform research, plans and propose a solution, recommend software or hardware components to ensure that the company’s business/ operational requirements are met.
- Work with 3rd party vendors for applications support and/or changes.
- Participate in monthly applications server windows patch testing to ensure application availability following patching.
- Plan and conduct routine audits of systems and software.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, including procedures, system specifications, technical documentation, and user manuals
- Ensure that IT Request procedures are established and enforced.
- Providing IT support for regulatory and compliance activities.
- Support the analysis of business initiatives; provide input to the development of business cases and project measurement objectives.
- Support the development of cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth, including the development of alternatives and recommendations for new acquisitions or changes to existing applications or equipment.
- Prepare feasibility studies; recommends and establishes program objectives, priorities, and schedules in conjunction with user and functional requirements and conducts end-user training, as needed, for assigned applications.
- Works with business stakeholders and/or vendor for project acceptance tests.
- Managing of IT applications development projects from planning through implementation. Including on setting up project scope, priorities, and deliverable schedules in line with the business users.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or relevant field of study with minimum 5 years of experience in general infrastructure and applications administration/support
- Good knowledge and experience in programming skills (SQL, C, C++. JAVA, R language. VBA etc)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail with keen appreciation of business needs and strong interest in business processes and process re-engineering.
- Sound knowledge in shipping processes.
- Full project life-cycle experiences in business analyst role
- Power BI and data analytics proficiency
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!