We are looking for an experienced Senior Executive (I&C) for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate will manage all aspects of marine insurance and claims, including the management of all insurance related documentation; the placement and renewal of insurances (H&M, P&I and War Risks); and the handling of marine claims relating to collisions, property damage (Fixed & Floating Objects), general average, salvage, pollution, cargo claims, charter party disputes, bunker disputes and personal injury claims involving passengers, crew and others. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience in similar capacity and industry.
- Arrange oil spill coverage to comply with various national requirements, including for USA – COFRs, OSRO coverage, SMFF arrangement, CASP coverage, AMPD for STS operation, Washington State Plan, Western Alaska APC transits, Hawaii & Alaska top-up cover; for Canada – ECRC and WCMRC coverage; and for China – SPRO).
- To monitor vessels carrying Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) cargoes and assist in reporting them to the P&I Club annually.
- To arrange pre-loading surveys and P&I vessel inspections (as required).
- To assist in the collection and distribution of all insurance related certificates and documentation.
- To assist in applying for insurance certificates for newly acquired vessels.
- To assist in informing insurers of the deletion of any vessels in the fleet that are sold or scrapped.
- To assist in reporting cases to respective insurers (H&M / P&I Club); collecting accurate information and documents in connection with the cases; liaising internally with other relevant departments; monitoring and managing the progress of insurance cases and arranging for the claim submissions to and reimbursement by insurers.
- To arrange for H&M and/or P&I surveyors to attend the vessels in case of incidents, if required.
- To monitor vessel movements to war risks areas and to place additional insurance coverage when required.
- To ensure that all managed vessels are properly covered by insurance.
- To assist and handle any queries / additional requirements received from insurers from time to time.
- To act as a contact for emergency response and to assist in responding to maritime incidents.
- To report cases to insurers (H&M / P&I Club); collecting accurate information and documents in connection with the cases; liaising internally with other relevant departments; monitoring and managing the progress of and follow-up on outstanding insurance cases and arranging as well as packaging for the claim submissions to and reimbursement by insurers.
- To assist in obtaining, analysing and negotiating insurance quotations.
- To provide statistics and ad hoc reports to assist in the renewal of insurances or the reporting of insurance claims.
- Assisting the finance department on all insurance matters relating to the mortgagee’s requirements.
- To supervise and mentor other members of the function.
Qualifications / Experiences
- Law Graduate / Diploma holder (marine options preferred) / University Graduate.
- 5 years or more working experience in similar capacity and industry
- Basic IT knowledge, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Email
- Attention to Detail, good organisational & negotiation skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!