We are looking for an energetic and self-driven Senior Dry Vessel Operator for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate will play a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day commercial operations of time-chartered vessels and ensuring the requirements of the Charter Parties are fulfilled. This role requires close co-operation with various departments including but not limited to Chartering, Marine, Legal and Insurance and etc. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experiences working as a dry bulk vessel operator.
- Managing and ensuring that the voyages are performed in a compliance with the relevant contracts with due consideration to the commercial strategy. Being responsible for maximising profit for each voygage.
- Maintaining close communication with all stakeholders of the voyage, including charterers, ship masters, customers, brokers and etc.
- Monitoring of vessel movements for executing of activities including bunker planning, appointment & coordination with agents and obtaining necessary documentations.
- Ensuring highest quality of customer service (Tonnage and Cargo). Developing a close working relationship with the customer, understanding their business needs to exceed their expectations.
- Coordinating with the Legal and Insurance team to minimize risk and exposure. Ensuring that disputes and claims are settled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Minimum Degree (With Maritime preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in dry bulk shipping industry
- Good understanding of bulk shipping operations
- Experience in using Voyage Management System such as Softmar or IMOS will be an advantage.
- Good organisation skills with ability to apply reasoning and judgment on critical issues.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.