We are looking for an experienced and proactive Senior Vessel Operator for an established dry bulk shipowner company to manage the commercial operations of the company’s owned fleet of vessels. In addition, this role involves a certain level of technical exposure with day-to-day ship management, P&I clubs and Classification Society interactions.
The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of dry bulk commercial operations experience in a dry bulk shipowner company and have good maritime/shipping knowledge and is able to adjust priorities quickly in response to frequently changing circumstances.
• Perform charter party execution and optimise voyage operation and performance.
• Provide effective communication and instruction with various stakeholders and counterparties along with the CP chain on a daily & timely basis, including liaising with master, agent, bunker supplier, charterers, technical managers, Class and P&I club etc.
• Handle post-fixture tasks, including hire & freight invoices, laytime calculation and settlement, final hire reconciliation and settlement etc.
• Handle ship owners’ matters and handle claims and disputes with various counterparties
• Manage Voyage P&L and negotiate PDA and appoint agents.
• Plan bunkering & arrange OPEX assessment and process payment.
• Provide full input and participate actively in the team processes.
• Create and maintain accurate vessel details, TC contracts, revenue & expenses arising from a voyage etc. in our operation system.
• Work directly with ship managers, P&I clubs and Class societies to ensure high standards of HSE measures for both vessel and crew.
• Any ad-hoc tasks
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in shipping or maritime, preferably in dry bulk shipping
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
• Experience in IMOS/ SOFTMAR.
• A good team player who is adaptable and has good work ethics.
• Proactive and good problem-solving skills-ability to identify potential issues and propose solutions.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.