We are looking for an experienced SAP Basis Team-Lead to join the Singapore office of a global client. He/she will lead a small team of vendors to oversee the SAP Basis support operations in Singapore, cloud and co-location facilities. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experience in managing SAP Basis and operations in a 24/7 environment.
He/she will be involved in the use of incident and problem management processes to ensure all systems are optimally operated. He/She will also contribute to the architecture design of systems when needed.
80% – Oversees SAP Basis Support Operations
- Leading a team of vendors to ensure the SAP based systems operate reliably, efficiently, and securely
- Manage and maintain daily contact with the SAP Basis team regarding work assignment and progress
- Responsible areas around SAP technologies include SAP NetWeaver with ECC, GRC, Portal, BW/BPC
- Knowledge of Unix scripting (interfaces, housekeeping, etc.)
- Liaise with the functional SAP experts and business teams to assist with the ongoing functional support of SAP
- Maintain zero audit non-compliance within SAP technologies and provide support on audit and resolution of findings/non-compliance
- Build, manage and maintain effective relationships with colleagues from Group IT, vendors, and the Business
- Review monitoring and reporting with SAP Basis team
- Complete assigned works timely according to key project milestones
- Ensure the adherence of standards, achieving and establishing best practices
- Use of internal incident and problem management processes to ensure systems are optimally operated and supported
- Ensure quality documentation for the SAP environments and operations
- Responsible for providing technical support that meets service levels
10% – Architecture design of systems
- Provide guidance or technical input to staff dealing with defects, production issues, etc.
- Good understanding of single sign-on solution for SAP
- Understanding of encryption technologies and encryption keys management within the SAP systems
- Provide support for other applications and services when required
- Understanding of cloud-based SAP environment (AWS)
To perform well in this role, you need to have strong ability in communicating with senior management on technical issues in simple terms. You need to also possess excellent presentation skills.
- Degree or above in Computer Science or related disciplines
- At least 5 years of experience in managing SAP Basis and operations in 24/7 environment
- Good level of knowledge on Administration and support around Operating Systems (such as IBM AIX, Windows or Linux) and Storage
- Experience in performing/managing yearly disaster recovery for SAP and non-SAP applications is a mandatory
- Advantageous to have Knowledge on Administration and support on SAP products based on SAP Hana databases. Administration and support on other databases. Knowledge on DB2 would be advantageous
- Good understanding of general IT areas such as Networks
- Preferably with at least 3 years of experience managing a small team (vendors or in-house)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.