We are looking for an experienced and proactive Regional IT Manager for one of our international shipping clients. The Regional IT Manager will be responsible to lead a team of IT support specialists to manage the global IT vessel support and office IT support in Singapore and the Asia region. He/she will partner with relevant stakeholders to develop IT roadmaps, prioritize and resource initiatives and work closely with stakeholders to deliver value.
The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of managerial experience in leading IT teams and has great influencing and presentation skills. He/she would have a strategic and project mindset and possess prior hands-on experience with technical expertise in VSAT, Dualog, Veeam, Hyper V, Sophos, Proliant servers, VLAN Segmentation and MS Windows.
- IT Business Partner & Liaison:
- Work closely with Senior Management Team and external vendors to lead and ensure the successful execution of the IT and Business strategies for the fleet and corporate office in Singapore and the region.
- Provide proactive consultative advice to Senior Management team and serve as the global IT management team representative of the region.
- Collaborate in the development of vessel technology roadmaps (IT and OT) with global IT management team and ship management team representatives. Research and explore technologies to be used ashore and onboard.
- Monitors and updates KPI and status information for presentation to management team.
- Responsible for budget and forecasting of the service delivery area.
- Global Vessel Support:
- Collaborate with the Technical Management Team and other relevant business units to lead and ensure the successful implementation and rollout of IT projects, policies and procedures for shore and ships.
- Champion IT seafarer engagements and represent IT at Seafarer conferences
- Leads global vessel systems support, providing leadership to vessel support resources and acting as an escalation point for vessel IT issues. Ensures resolution of trouble tickets and performs post-resolution follow-up as needed.
- Lead & oversee projects related to the upgrade or installation of computer systems and VSAT communications to support on-board vessel activities including deployment logistics, security considerations and crew training. Ensure implementation procedures consider Cyber Security and are compliant with audit requirements (E.g., TMSA, VIQ).
- Asia Region Office Support:
- Manages IT helpdesk office support for Singapore and the Asia site offices. Ensures IT Policies and Standards are maintained in each office. Escalation point for shore support during Asia time zone.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing technical staff to support Asia offices and global vessel support. Provide annual goal setting and evaluation. Manage all activities of internal/external resources within the service delivery area.
- Degree in Information Technology or any other related field
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, including having an executive level presence with focus on customer.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as IT Business Systems Manager. Having maritime IT experience will be an advantage
- Strong analytical and organizing skills and able to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be willing to work occasional, rotational weekend for IT Management On-Call
- Must be willing to work in a different time zone when required in order to collaborate and meet with other regions. Occasional travel may be required.
- Location in town
- 5-day work week
- Nice working environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.