Our client, an international shipping company is looking for an experienced and hands-on HR Manager to provide strategic business partnership with highly pragmatic, hands-on advice and support to the Regional Senior Leadership Team. The ideal candidate would have experience in operating in a complex, demanding and fast paced environment. He/she will provide HR leadership and operational direction to 4 offices in the region including Singapore.
Reporting to the Global Head of HR, the HR Manager would be responsible for the following responsibilities:
Management of Regional HR Function
- Delivery of all HR specialist functions within the Region in either direct or indirect capacity: HR Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development.
- Establish, in alignment with the Global Head of HR, Regional HR strategy based on business needs, including annual execution plans agreed with major stakeholders: identify organisational capability & resourcing needs.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to enable the organisation to thrive through periods of change: recruitment management, reorganisations, employee relations, performance management and all associated people related change and communication requirements.
- Take active role in developing company culture and influence individual behaviours toward a performance driven organisation.
- Implement HR programs that drive employee engagement and support the company culture.
- Perform due diligence for new office set ups and potential acquisitions.
- Managing HR team member, ensure quality of delivery; coach and develop.
- Manage end to end recruitment for the region. Coach managers to ensure correct skills are brought into the organisation, manage vendors, ensure most efficient and cost-effective recruitment methods are applied
Policies and Practices
- Creation and updating Policies and Procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Provide up to date, commercially relevant HR services to internal customers by application of HR tools and processes that comply with local requirements and balance global consistency.
- Coaching managers on performance management best practice.
- Managing annual performance management process, ensuring business benefit.
- Reviewing and researching best practice and concepts to bring innovative suggestions to business.
- Advising managers on employee relations issues: leading disciplinaries, grievances and terminations, mediating discussions, conducting investigations, redundancy / retrenchment.
Compliance & Government Liaison
- Ensure robust business case documentation to meet all legal and compliance requirements; timely liaison with Government bodies as required.
- Ensure legal compliance within the region keeping senior management team aware of changes to legislation and suggesting improvements.
- MOM- Lead contact – Survey’s updates and Queries.
- ‘Corpass’ – Company contact for Corpass.
- National service – application & notification of refunds (SAF100).
- Government childcare & maternity leave refunds.
- MPA HR contact for updates/ events/seminars and compensation and benefits surveys.
Immigration and Relocation
- Managing relocation process for employees being relocated into and out of Region
- Ensure compliance with immigration requirements across each jurisdiction within Region.
- Identification of top talent and successors in Region and development needs.
- Training needs analysis to support business.
- Designing and delivering internal training sessions on various company processes and initiatives.
Pay and Benefits Administration Management
- Responsibility for and authorisation of Regional payrolls, ensuring timely salary payments.
- Payroll vendor management of the 4 offices
- Manage Tax year end process IR8A.
- IRAS matters: Approving IR21’s (foreigner exiting Singapore).
- Renewal of Insurances: life & medical insurance
- Audit – Payroll
- Managing Benefit schemes across region, budget management and vendor reviews, implementing health and well-being initiatives.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects or tasks as and when required.
- Review and update of Performance Management process.
- Experience working in a Senior HR position within a global, fast paced, commercial environment across multiple geographic locations.
- Proven track record in all aspects of employee relations and legal frameworks: Singapore & Asia Pac.
- Team player and skilled communicator, leads through collaboration and buy-in, confident in supporting senior management and team members in the achievement of their business goals through coaching, consulting & influencing. Able to formulate and advocate clear opinions whilst being sensitive in influencing and partnering; quickly establishes trusted peer-level interaction with Management team and all employees.
- Excellent internal consulting skills, proactively analyses and interprets HR data to highlight current issues and concerns of commercial relevance; diagnose and propose effective and creative solutions to support business initiatives.
- Ability to blend both strategic thinking and operational HR delivery to meet customer needs.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and demands whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong project management skills, change management, conflict management, negotiation and stakeholder management at all levels, (internal and external).
- Degree / equivalent in Human Resources, strong demonstrable proficiency in all HR functional areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel); familiar with HR technology platforms.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com .
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.