One of our global ship owner clients is looking to hire an energetic and self-driven Purchasing Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of proven working experience as a Team lead or Purchasing Manager in the shipping industry and has good experience in leading a small team of purchasers to handle the procurement of stores and spares from vendors globally.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of price trending upwards.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking as requested by Management.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Assist to compare and discuss the contracts with major vendors;
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers;
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand;
- Ensures PO/Invoices and vendors details are up to date;
- Leads and monitors the performance of technical purchasers.
- Degree in Maritime/ Supply Chain will have an advantage
- At least 4-5 year experience as Purchasing Team Lead/ Purchasing Manager
- Driven, self-starter and a good communicator
- Location: Central
- Remuneration: Base Pay + AWS + Good peformance bonus
- Nice office and colleagues and a very stable company to be working in.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!