We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Purchasing Manager for one of our global shipowner clients. The role will be reporting to the Head of Procurement (APAC) and together you will develop, align and implement terminal strategies and plans to meet the company’s objectives and targets. You will drive cost improvement and sustainability and ensure good service level from the vendor. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of purchasing experiences and is familiar with Terminal and Marine Charges procurement.
- Coordinate and align with Head of Procurement to understand business and all procurement requirements, workplans and targets
- Collaborate with Head of Procurement to develop strategies, targets and implementation approaches for continuous cost improvement and cost sustainability while maintaining good service efficiency/levels from the vendors
- Develop and provide complete contract, cost database for analytics and strategic planning to enable effective data driven procurement approach
- Develop and maintain a fair platform for all vendors, and complete financial evaluation of all proposals and coming up with approval proposal.
- Establish process flow to ensure compliance of award/flow share decision on vendors
- Prompt review and identify areas for cost improvement i.e., tariffs, assessment of market, benchmarking, high frequency of cost occurrence events and service levels through periodic vendor performance appraisals of all vendors
- Prompt communication and establish good rapport with internal and external stakeholders for the common good interest of the Company’s Group while uphold high level of code of conduct and ethics/credibility/integrity in all business dealings with vendors
To excel in this role, you should have great data analytical mind, negotiation skills and the ability to think out of box.
- Degree in Maritime Studies or relevant experience
- At least 3 – 5 years in the shipping industry and experience in Operations /Procurement.
- Must have experience in Terminal and Marine Charges procurement.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!