We are looking for an energetic Purchasing Executive for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this position will work closely with the Vessel Managers and Ship Staff to source, procure and deliver all supplies (spares and stores) and services to the designated vessels on time and at the most cost-effective manner. The ideal candidate would have a minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a purchaser with a Ship Owner or Ship Manager.
- Ensure requisitions are processed promptly, efficiently and in accordance with the company procedures (i.e. request for quotation, evaluation, request for approval and order confirmation).
- Ensure proper documentation is available to provide status updates on each requisition and its delivery to the designated vessels and stakeholders.
- Arrange freight/logistics including last-mile deliveries to ensure supplies to the vessel are done in time and in the most cost-effective manner.
- Follow up and resolve any supply, quality, service or invoicing issues with suppliers.
- Verify and process invoices promptly in accordance to the company’s approval procedures.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure compliance with the Company’s business terms and cost targets.
- Evaluate and ensure suppliers’ performance meets the Company’s criteria on quality standards, delivery time and pricing.
- Resolve any supply and invoicing issues with the suppliers concerned.
- Communicating and managing various stakeholders to achieve advance planning objectives.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a purchaser with a Ship Owner or Ship Manager.
- Minimum Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Purchasing Management or any related disciplines.
- High sense of integrity and resourcefulness
- Good communication skills – written and spoken English.
- Good negotiation skills & attention to detail and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- 5-day work week & centralized location with 2 days WFH arrangements
- 1 month completion bonus
- Gets a chance to have contract extended or convert to permanent staff depending on company’s business requirements
- Good corporate culture and work environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!