We are looking for an experienced and energetic Project Executive for one of our global shipping clients. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of experiences in attending shipyards to oversee the installation and work progress of Ballast Water Treatment System (BWTS) and Marine Scrubber System (MSS). He/she would possess excellent working attitude and has good project management skills.
Reporting to the Technical Superintendent, this function is responsible for ensuring the smooth execution of the fleet projects in areas such as but not limited to the installation and work progress of BWTS and MSS and ensuring the work progress and outcomes are properly documented and filed.
- Follow up on project-related issues, particularly in Ballast Water Treatment System (BWTS) and Marine Scrubber System (MSS) through daily communications from various stakeholders and providing timely feedback to the Technical Superintendent and executing follow up actions (on advice of the Superintendent) when required
- Study plans, drawings and details of BWTS and MSS in projects to achieve cost savings and time efficiency.
- Ensure smooth operations in retrofitting works, including liaising with Shipyards, Subcontractors, Suppliers and be able to plan and supervise BWTS and MSS retrofitting works independently.
- Monitor & ensure works on-site are carried out according to specifications & drawings and on schedule.
- Conduct regular risk assessment on projects, identify potential risk to stakeholders, and plan out risk responses and corrective actions.
- Check and compile documents for various equipment makers for Management’s approval.
- Keep and file documents, prepare various databases of new equipment and projects for analysis.
- Prepare and submit weekly report to Technical Superintendent for review.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by Technical Superintendent and New Building and Projects Manager.
• Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering Preferred or Marine Engineering
• 1-2 years of relevant working experience in a similar capacity
• Experience in ship equipment, good knowledge in BWTS and MSS will have an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure & an independent and team player
• Self-driven and has a sense of urgency.