We are now looking for an experienced Product Owner for a global shipowner MNC to be part of their global Business Transformation Team (BTT). The Product Owner will be responsible for bridging between business requirements and the IT department. This person will support BTT members in managing multiple projects and related activities. Capturing detailed user stories and requirements from the business users and communicating them effectively to the IT and development teams. The role is also responsible for assisting the Business Transformation Head with overall program management and execution of critical paths across multiple project streams.
The ideal candidate would have at least 4 years of experience working on complex agile scrum projects, proven track record in managing projects and is commercially astute and has the ability to understand both customer and user experience, and internal process and functional owner impact. Having work experience in the Container Shipping Industry will be an advantage.
- Educating team members and enforcing best SCRUM practice within the business transformation team.
- Effectively capture requirements and user stories from business users.
- Successfully communicate these requirements to the IT and development teams and ensure the work is carried out to a satisfactory level prior to deployment.
- Fully understand the interdependencies of various business processes, workflow, and requirements to drive the implementation of functional, process and product initiatives for each transformation stage.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for each phase of the project and when required procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Manage actuals vs budget implementation hours and communicate revised budgets for any scope changes.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment using proven methodologies.
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, stakeholder management and excellence.
- Assist the Business Transformation Head in delivering appropriate and effective executive level communication through weekly progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences of the BTT and internal business stakeholders.
- +4 years of experience working on complex agile scrum projects.
- +4 years’ experience working in a software project as a qualified scrum product owner.
- 1+ years of project management experience working on software projects is preferred.
- Proven experience in managing transformation and process reengineering projects involving software (build/buy) technology components.
- Proven experience in holding others accountable for deliverables and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders including third party vendors, internal IT, and cross functional departments.
- Proven track record and ability in managing project, representing both business and IT departments, with a focus on delivering defined business objectives and outcomes.
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project teams, building and motivating team members.
- Must be commercially astute and understand both customer and user experience, and internal process and functional owner impact.
- Ability to work in both vendor and client facing roles and be the single point of contact for the Business Transformation Team on technical and business activities.
- Ability to switch among multiple projects in short periods and sometimes support simultaneous projects in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in managing software Implementation and running software development team.
- Skilled in problem solving, troubleshooting, project risk mitigation, and problem resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed and good at dissecting user needs.
- Patient and attentive to all stakeholders, including internal team members.
- Self-motivated and autonomous; able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team.
- Interest in learning new techniques and adopting best practices.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.