We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate will be responsible for payroll related activities to ensure efficiency and fulfilling service level of agreement for the relevant business entities. He/She will also be responsible to manage and develop a small team while working closely with HRBPs and COE to deliver seamless HR transactions to the business. The ideal candidate would need to have at least 5-6 years of HR-related experience.
- Lead and manage a small team responsible for managing payroll processing, payroll related reporting, employee taxation, payroll compliance & Governance and audits.
- Ensure and develop consistent payroll process documents and standard operating procedures. Initiate reviews on payroll processes and analyse gaps for improvements, using metrices to set goals and achieve performance objectives. Audit payroll calculations, reporting and retention and deletion of payroll files regularly to ensure high level of accuracy.
- Ensure agreed service level agreements are being met by payroll operation team members.
- Partner closely with HRBPs and provide effective and efficient support in terms of guidance and transactional involving payroll activities.
- Work and support Payroll, HR Operations, Mobility, HRIS, Statutory & other ad-hoc reporting and other HR initiatives and projects together with relevant stakeholders and internal teammates.
- Support the team with operations and payroll transactions activities where necessary.
- Oversights and be main point of contacts for all HR audits (internal or external).
- Work closely with auditors, HR Ops and payroll specialists to recommend and propose business findings.
- Liaise with DPO, legal and HRBPs to ensure data compliance with includes GDPR, Singapore regulated data protection plan.
- Ensure data integrity, control and compliance in HR operations and payroll operations.
- Provide leadership to direct report/s and manage through coaching, mentoring, training of team members to ensure they can meet the business needs.
- People management in terms of development of the team members and the provision of guidance as well as motivation for the team members to improve skills and competencies.
- Ensure that workload is aligned and manageable among teams members.
- Partner closely with HRBPs, COEs and HRIS team to ensure effective and efficient use of technology and process improvements.
- Work on the Global Payroll Consolidation Project to standardize the payroll systems and processes globally.
- Diploma holder in Human Resources / Business Administration or related qualification with at least 5-6 years of HR-related experience.
- Experience with working in HR-related functions with strong processes mindset and system knowledge. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Deep understanding of operational risks and competence in identifying and implementing controls to mitigate such risks
- Ability to work with minimal guidance/direction, serves as escalation point and decision maker on exception requests.
- Strong knowledge in taxation, statutory deliverables and labor regulations in a multi country payroll environment.
- Collaborative work style with a focus on providing exception services to HRBPs, COEs and Employees.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!