We are looking for an experienced and proactive Owner’s Representative for one of our global shipping clients. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of sailing experience on Tankers and minimum one-year sailing experience as Chief Engineer/ 2nd Engineer and is highly knowledgeable with the ISM/ ISPS codes
The Owner’s Representative/ Technical Superintendent will represent the owner’s interests for the assigned vessels through liaising with the external technical managers and the crew of the vessels to ensure the vessels have a high standard of machinery and equipment maintenance that minimises vessel downtime, operates within budget and maintains the value of the owners asset.
This will include monitoring the day-to-day operations, reviewing maintenance, budgeting & OPEX and two visits a year to the vessels. This role will require travelling to the vessels for 2-4 month of the year. The candidate can expect to manage between 8-9 vessels.
Guides, advises, takes actions, monitors and evaluates all shipboard performance issues on:
- Maintenance & Procurement
- Researches technical information related to equipment breakdowns and proposes a holistic solution that will improve the long-term performance of parts in the assigned vessels.
- Review and handle EGCS operation and related issues
- Carry out Maintenance audits onboard the vessels twice a year.
- Reviews the procurement of expensive ship-spares and services to be provided to assigned vessels.
- Operations & Crew Changes
- Monitors, reviews and analyses vessels’ performance (Technical reports, Lube Oils, Bunkers, Speed and consumptions monitoring) and provide solutions for early intervention when required
- Review Engineer Crew changes and new crew qualifications
- Budget, OPEX and Cost Control
- Review budgets for monthly/yearly operation of assigned ships, scheduled dry dockings, surveys, repairs and ad-hoc services/ship-spares. Monitors and keep tracks of expenses of assigned vessels against the budget assigned and authorize additional expenditure when required.
- Technical Ship Managers Audit
- Plan and Participate in the Technical Managers Audit to review the yearly OPEX and Policies.
- Respond to technical incidents such as breakdowns and review managers response and report to assess cause of incident and prevent future occurrences.
- Other Matters
- New Building Vessels – Evaluate and agree the predelivery budget, review the Sea Trial Data, track the progress of vessel delivery and follow guarantee claims
- Dry Docks – Review and agree the scope of work and budget, then monitor the drydock progress.
- Drives safety, performance, procurement and budget KPIs and achieves the KPIs set by Management.
- Degree in Maritime or Education from Maritime Academy
- Minimum 5 years sailing experience on tankers
- Minimum 1 year sailing as Chief Engineer/ 2nd Engineer, with Class 1 Certification
- Minimum 2-year shore experience as Technical Superintendent/ Owner’s representative preferred
- Excellent communications and report writing skills
- Currently already working in Singapore
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.