We are looking for an experienced and proactive Operations Superintendent for an international offshore shipping company to help them to manage the technical requirements of their fleet of offshore vessels. The ideal candidate would have COC Class 1 (Master Mariner) with sailing experience on PSV/AHTS/Subsea, DSV and offshore barges etc and two years of shore-based Operations Superintendent working experience. He/she is technically inclined and hands on and has a good working attitude and eye for continuous improvement.
- Family-oriented working environment with AWS
- Transport and lunch provided
- Medical benefits/insurance such as dental, specialist claims, health screening
- Staggered working hours with hybrid arrangements
- Responsible for providing operational support required for the fleet and assigned by being the main liaison between customers, vessels and technical superintendents
- Required to be very familiar with ISM Code, ISPS Code and ISO requirements and assist in preparation of QHSSE audits/inspections including incident / accident investigation
- Responsible for monitoring daily reports from assigned vessels for review and follow up as necessary
- Appointing and working with agents for port clearance, arrange fuel and water replenishment, arrange port services such as garbage and waste disposal, ensure voyage planning, coordinating vessel movement between charterer and vessel, provide daily reports to respective stakeholders and other logistic and co-ordination activities.
- Attend to customer queries and request with regards to operation matters.
- Monitor utilization of vessel and document off-hire for verification and commercial purposes.
- Participate & support Commercial in tender exercise by providing operation data for bidding of projects.
- Ensure fleet operations conform to company policies, procedures and respective rules and regulations applicable to area of operations
- Participate in crew recruitment processes
- Document and monitor KPI of vessels’ in-field operations performance.
- Ensure shipboard records such as tow gear, stores and equipment / appliances inventory up to date.
- Monitor tow gear usage and plan replacement.
- Ensure trading documents are up to date & monitor radio accounts and communication cost.
- Prepare, monitor and control budget for vessels’ operations.
- Attend to 3rd party inspections, such as suitability, OVID, warranty, etc.
- Conduct shipboard audit (ISM, ISPS) and technical inspection (VTIA)
- Managing and maintaining company’s QHSSE policies and system onboard the vessels
- Preparation of inspections/audits related to QHSSE onboard vessels and in office
- Monitor and review JSA, RA, PTW systeM
- COC Class 1 (Master Mariner) with sailing experience on AHTS, DSV vessels
- Minimum 3-5 years of ship management experience as Operations/QHSSE Superintendent
- Knowledge and experience of IMO flag state and classification societies’ requirements.
- Experience in managing DP2 vessels will be preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all different nationalities of all levels
- Able to travel at short notice
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!