We are looking for an experienced Operations Superintendent for a global shipping client. The Operations superintendent will be responsible to manage the marine operations activities of the company’s tanker fleet so as to achieve a safe & efficient carriage of cargoes and meeting their customer high expectation and the company’s responsibilities towards the health and safety well-being of their ship staff and the environment.
- Ensure compliance with marine industry rules and regulations, advising and assisting the Master in meeting terminal inspection requirements.
- Charter Party Management:
- Assist Chartering with vessel information and fill chartering questionnaires.
- Confirm agreement and compliance with operational terms of the Charter Party.
- Voyage Readiness and Performance Monitoring:
- Review bunker supply, ensuring sufficiency for the voyage; arrange de-slopping if needed.
- Monitor vessel progress, optimizing stow plan, speed, and compliance with Charter Party requirements.
- Navigation and Voyage Support:
- Arrange weather routing advice for vessels.
- Assist Masters in selecting appropriate routing, complying with Charter Party requirements.
- Communication and Customer Relationship:
- Keep Manager informed of operational issues during the voyage.
- Provide timely advice to Charterers on vessel movements for customer satisfaction.
- Port Research and Disbursement Management:
- Research and communicate port information to vessels.
- Ensure accurate accounting of voyage and owner disbursements.
- Performance Management and People Leadership:
- Monitor and analyze vessel performance, providing guidance for underperforming ships.
- Coach and motivate the operations team, conduct operations briefings, and manage team performance.
- Operation Expertise and Consultancy:
- Address gaps highlighted in inspections and audits, focusing on compliance and Charterer requirements.
- Coordinate with the HSSEQ Team or quality, health, safety, and environmental initiatives.
- At least 1-year experience onshore managing chemical/oil tanker vessel operations.
- Sailing experience as chief officer/ Master on chemical/ oil tankers or at least 3 years’ experience as a Chief mate on relevant type of tankers is a must-have.
- Good communication skills – spoken and written English
- Good negotiation skills and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and can work independently as well as in a team.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.