We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer for one of our global shipping clients. The Network Engineer will be responsible for defining the broad technology strategy and delivering the highest quality service alongside other IT functions & peers. The ideal candidate would have strong knowledge in Network Security technology, Firewall, switches, routers, WAN optimization and has at least 5 years of relevant experience as a Network Engineer.
- Establish networking environment by designing network system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system design/standards and maintenance of the computer and network infrastructure;
- Maximizes systems performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting systems problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with peers and network architects on systems and network optimization;
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access;
- Obtain, review and assess available minor software release, minor version upgrades and fixes to any Systems and Network devices in the environment;
- Develop vulnerability and patch management process. Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects;
- To design, develop, manage, optimize Lan/Wan across multiple regional offices;
- Manage vendors and telcos on delivery of critical network security and infrastructure projects globally, e.g. setup/migration of network infrastructure, ISP for internet link, NAC, etc;
- To analyze and resolve network related issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Must be CCNP or CCDP or above certified and must be Microsoft Certified Azure Network Engineer (atleast Associate level)
- CISSP or Certified Kubernetes Administrator will be an advantage.
- Knowledge with VMWare/Hyper-V/Kubernetes/Docker will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Cybersecurity, ITIL and ISO27001 processes
- Minimally five (5) years of relevant working experience and minimum 3 years’ experience in Windows environment and proficient in Microsoft Visio and NMS tools.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT managing Network equipment such as firewall, switches, routers, WAN optimizer, WAF, etc;
- Hands-on experience with implementing and managing network solutions & products from CISCO, Ruckus, HP, Huawei, Fortinet, etc;
- Proficient in supporting, maintenance and troubleshooting for areas in: Layer 2 and 3 Switching and Routing, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, SD-WAN/SASE, WAP, Firewalls management.
- In-depth experience in Network Security technology architecture design, evaluation, deployment, and operation
- Should have subject matter expertise in planning, implementing, and maintaining Azure networking solutions, including hybrid networking, connectivity, routing, security, and private access to Azure services.
- UK MNC and good corporate culture
- 5-day work week (Centralised location)
- Competitive remuneration with AWS and attractive performance bonus
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.