We are looking for an experienced Naval Architect for one of our global shipowner clients. He/she will be responsible to ensure naval architecture design review for new build and retrofit projects are in accordance with classifications rules.
The ideal candidate would have a degree in Naval Architecture and at least 3 years of new building working experiences as Boskalis International BV as New Building Supervisor/ Plan approver.
- Ensure Naval Architecture design review for new build and retrofit projects are in accordance with class rules
- Review and approve ship construction and arrangement plans including reviewing 3D models
- Attend and review CFD Model test data including towing test for new design
- Monitor the projects performance and safety aspects of ongoing projects and ensure adequate resources and shore-based support
- Liaise & coordinate with internal & external parties including shipyard, regulatory bodies pertaining to design requirements.
- Perform new building basic ship calculation, design conceptual studies & analysis. Study and evaluate various ESD for improving the performance of existing vessels. Assist with modifications / retrofitting projects on existing vessels
- Assist the Technical department for major steel renewals and during emergency situations involving hull breach/ grounding etc.
- Prepare vessels operation manual, SOPEP, ballasting plan GMP etc
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- A Degree in Naval Architecture
- Skilled in Autocad and MS office
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- At least 3 years of new building working experiences as Boskalis International BV/ New Building Supervisor/ Plan approver.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.