We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Naval Architect for an established shipowner company that is based in Singapore. Reporting to the Head of New Building, he/she would be responsible for executing and monitoring the projects performance and safety aspect of the company’s ongoing projects and ensure adequate resources and shore-based support are available as required.
The ideal candidate would have a naval architect qualification and has 4-5 years of relevant experience in new building workings & plans approval.
- Ensure Naval Architecture design review for new build and retrofit projects are in accordance with class rules.
- Review and approve ship construction and arrangement plans including reviewing 3D models.
- Attend and review CFD Model test data including towing test for new design.
- Monitor the projects performance and safety aspects of ongoing projects and ensure adequate resources and shore-based support.
- Liaise & coordinate with internal & external parties including shipyard, regulatory bodies pertaining to design requirements.
- Perform new building basic ship calculation, design conceptual studies & analysis.
- Study and evaluate various ESD for improving the performance of existing vessels.
- Assist with modifications / retrofitting projects on existing vessels.
- Assist the Technical department for major steel renewals and during emergency situations involving hull breach/ grounding etc.
- Prepare vessels operation manual, SOPEP, ballasting plan GMP etc.
- Degree in Naval Architecture.
- Skilled in Autocad & MS Office
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in new building workings & plans approval
- Good team player in a multinational environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.