We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Marine Superintendent (LPG Vessels) for one of our Global shipping clients. The Marine Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring all assigned vessels are operating in compliance with regulations and take the lead on the development of a sound safety culture on board and in the office. The ideal candidate would have sailed on LPG tankers and has at least one year of shore-based experience in a similar capacity.
• Manage all assigned vessels on day-to-day Marine functions in close cooperation with technical and commercial teams.
• Assist in vetting inspections and reply on vetting reports directly to the oil majors and customers.
• Ensure appropriate close-outs of observations/non-conformities imposed in audits and inspections.
• Investigate incidents and develop measures to minimize likelihood of their recurrence.
• Handle risk assessments, management of change process and other support requests from vessels.
• Company Security Officer for dedicated vessels.
• Monitor, analyse, manage and minimize loss due to maloperation, accidents and incidents.
• Actively communicate with the crew including briefing and training them on marine matters.
• Participate in or assume the lead in the development of onboard training programs and perform training sessions onboard.
• Perform internal audits, sailing visits and other onboard inspections.
• Participate or take leading roles in campaigns.
• Document owner of assigned SMS procedures and responsible to keep the procedure up to date.
• Support the company’s overseas based team during TMSA audits.
• Preferably, sailed in senior rank on LPG tankers.
• At least one year of relevant shore-based work experience.
• Technical skills related to gas carrier ship operation.
• Very good command of English language: verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with cultural awareness.
• A good team player, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• 5-day work week
• Good corporate and MNC culture
• Competitive remuneration Package
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.