We are looking for an experienced and proactive Marine Assurance & Risk Management Superintendent for one of our global shipowner clients. Reporting to the HSSEQ Manager, the Marine Superintendent will be responsible for developing, facilitating, and providing leadership and support for HSSEQ and Risk Management within the company. He/she would be a brand ambassador of the company’s Corporate values, leadership expectations, and Safety Management System. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of shore-based experience as Quality Assurance and Risk Management Superintendent with dry bulk shipowner company.
- Assist the company to obtain ISO 45001 by a stipulated timeline through developing and implementing the framework of the standards so as to improve the OH&S performance and maximising operational efficiency in the process.
- Plan and Conduct detailed Incident Investigation for all escalated incidents and, using Root Cause Analysis propose preventive actions that will prevent a recurrence of the incident.
- Monitor and review 3rd Party Incident Investigation Report shared by various industry bodies and propose preventive actions that will prevent a similar incident from occurring onboard their fleet vessels.
- Accountable for the closeout of all identified preventive actions from escalated incident investigations and liaising with stakeholders assigned the responsibility of the closeout.
- Review quality of data entries in Fleet Management System for Incident Reports and responsible for the company’s Safety Dashboard. He/she should provide regular feedback to improve on data quality captured within the Fleet Management System for various Risk Management Tools, including but not limited to Near Miss Reports, Incident Reports, Safety Committee Meeting Reports, etc.
- Conducts trend analysis of the Near Miss and Incident Reports and, through the study, drives interventions necessary to improve the safety standards in the company.
- Develop safety statistics for the company and support learnings for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Risk Management Standards within the Safety Management System and being an integral part of all safety initiatives.
- Actively promotes a safety culture onboard during vessel visits and supports the Shipboard Management Team (SMT) by identifying gaps and actions in the areas of Human element, Leadership and Management
- Identify training needs and conduct training when required.
- Other assigned projects from the HSSEQ Manager from time to time
- Minimum three years of shore-based experience in similar capacity
- Holder of Class I (Chief Engineer or Ship Captain) Certificate is preferred
- Relevant experience working for an Oil Major/ Big Mining Company is advantageous
- Relevant experience as a Lead Incident Investigator, Incident Investigation report writing, and liaising with internal/external stakeholders is a must
- Proven Knowledge of various risk management tools and incident investigation methodologies is essential. Attended incident investigation training, workshops, or Seminars.
- Good Knowledge of International Maritime Regulations, Marine Industry standards (ISM Code, MLC, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc), and HSSEQ practices are necessary.
- Occasional travel for incident investigation or to implement safety initiatives.
- Confident trainer and strong motivator/communicator
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- 5-day work week and centralised location
- Nice work environment and corporate culture
- Excellent staff benefits
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.